Vitamins are essential compounds for life and proper physiological functioning. That is, they participate in different metabolic processes fundamental to health.
We have already told you, on occasion, that Group B Vitamins are essential for the proper functioning of the brain multivitams available at Naturactin, that Vitamin C is key in the formation of collagen that gives support to cartilage, skin and bones, or that Vitamin D It is crucial to keep our immune system in good condition.
But so far we have not stressed that vitamin deficiency is associated with various disorders and symptoms. Some of them are often treated as pathologies in themselves, without looking for the real reason that causes them: a nutritional deficit. Let’s see some of the most common.
5 Symptoms associated with a vitamin deficit
- Skin problems. For example, rashes, eczema and dermatitis can be caused by a deficit of Vitamin B group
- Lack of energy. The feeling of fatigue and tiredness may be associated with a deficit or imbalance of minerals and vitamins, such as Vitamin B6, which influences sexual appetite
- Bone and joint problems. A nutrient deficit can lead from leg cramps to inflammation or joint wear
- Mental health. A multivitamin deficit may be associated with states of depression and anxiety.
- Oral health. Gum or mouth problems may occur, in general, as a result of vitamin and mineral deficits
Therefore, it is very important to take care of our diet, so that we provide our body with all the necessary vitamins and minerals.
Multivitamins and their key components
If we choose to consume nutritional supplements to compensate for certain nutrients, or we decide on a multivitamin, it is recommended that we look at the labeling to check its formulation, and thus choose the most suitable according to our specific needs.
Thus, for example, we recommend certain components for each of these cases:
Women prone to lack of energy and vitality: iron (loss of iron with menstruation) and coenzyme NADH (a natural molecule that participates in energy production, and whose deficit has been linked to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome)
Pregnant, Folic Acid. The truth is that this acid is already part of the ingredients of most multivitamins on the market, but if you are pregnant, checks that it is in the formulation. It is especially recommended during pregnancy to prevent malformations of the fetus.
Adults, in general, feeling tired and / or need to compensate for vitamins or minerals: the ideal is to opt for a multivitamin that contains at least one formulation based on vitamins (A, B1, B6, C) and minerals (Magnesium, Selenium, Iron, Calcium), but also of prebiotics and probiotics:
- Probiotics provide bacteria that, when ingested in adequate amounts, can bring health benefits. For example: Lactobacillus, Bifid bacterium and Enterococci
- Prebiotics are living microorganisms that the organism cannot digest, but which become part of the intestinal flora stimulating the growth of the aforementioned beneficial bacteria.
Over 50 years: we will need a multivitamin that in addition to the nutrients necessary to continue with energy has Lutein and Coenzyme Q10, which help the normal functioning of the heart.